Go Back to website

Sunday 6 April 2014

Inserting Placeholder Text in InDesign

And we're back!

I had to take a little break from posting for the past few weeks as my lovely HP Desktop broke. I still don't understand how it was fixed (as it kind of fixed itself) but it is fixed and that is the main thing! And none of my progams or work has been lost so I am a very happy bunny altogether!

Here is a little InDesign tip to get us back into the swing of things.


Inserting Placeholder Text in InDesign


Alas, another thing I have repeatedly forgotten how to do in InDesign; but why is inserting placeholder text useful?

I find placeholder text extremely helpful when beginning a document design project. If all content is not ready, inserting placeholder text allows you to create paragraph styles and layout your document without nailed down content. This placeholder text is available within InDesign so no copying and pasting dummy paragraphs for you my friend!

Doing this is easy. 

1. Draw a text box. Do this by selecting the Type Tool and clicking and dragging. 

2. With the type tool still selected, go to the Type menu at the top of the interface. 

3. Select "Fill with Placeholder Text", the second last selection from the bottom.


And voilĂ ! Your text box has some nice Latin text which you can style and design before your content is ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment